For the holistic development of the institution in the field of higher education, Deshbandhu College for Girls is putting its best foot forward through the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The college will also go through the assessment by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the coming year. With this goal in mind, the college is gearing up its entire plan in this direction.
As a first step, the college had started the process of preparing to reconstitute the IQAC according to the revised guidelines provided by the UGC in October 2013 under the XIIth plan from 2014-15 session under the guidance of the Teacher in Charge, Prof. Bhaswti Datta. The IQAC in its present structure started functioning from the session 2015-16 under the leadership of Dr. Anita Chattopadhyay Gupta who took the helm of affairs from July 2015.
The following is the present composition of the IQAC :
- Dr. Anita Chattopadhyay Gupta, Principal, Chairperson, IQAC
- Sri Sovandev Chattopadhyay, Chief Whip, West Bengal Legislative Assembly, Member
- Dr. Shibranjan Chatterjee, formerly Inspector of Colleges, West Bengal State University, Member
- Smt. Devbani Raychaudhuri, Associate Professor, Coordinator, IQAC
- Dr. Ranjita Datta, Reader, Member, IQAC
- Smt. Anita Basu, Associate Professor, IQAC
- Smt. Srimati Majumder, Associate Professor, IQAC
- Smt. Sampa Bhattacharyya, Associate Professor, IQAC
- Smt. Sujata Pradhan, Associate Professor, IQAC
- Shri. Susanta Das, Accountant, IQAC
- Sri. Mrityunjoy Haldar, Head Clerk, Member, IQAC
|Download Self Study Report|
The college had chalked out several plans under IQAC some of which have already been executed. To name a few are
In September, 2015 a seminar on Quality Assurance, Assessment and Accreditation was organized where Prof. Basab Chaudhuri, Vice Chancellor, West Bengal State University, Barasat, Prof. Siuli Sarkar, Principal, Lady Brabourne College and Prof. Indrani Chowdhury Datta, Coordinator, IQAC, Lady Brabourne College had been invited as speakers.
In November 2015 for value education a seminar and a quiz competition on Swami Vivekananda will be organized.
In August, 2015, Sanchar an NGO Organization of the physically challenged persons organized an exhibition of handicrafts made by their members in the college.