Project Sukanya is the dream project of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Mamata Banerjee in order to provide self defence training to girl students of schools and colleges. It was initiated in 2014 by the Kolkata Police in collaboration with the Women Development and Social Welfare Department.The main objective of this programme is to use their talent not only for their own protection but for the welfare of others as well. In Deshbandhu College for Girls Sukanya kick Boxing was introduced in 2016 under the enormous inspiration of The Principal, Dr. Anita Chattopadhay Gupta with the help of Sri Montu Das, founder and General Secretary of the Kick Boxing Association of West Bengal.
Our students have participated and won several medals in the following competitions-
- 18th West Bengal State Kick Boxing Championship.
- Inter College Championship in Kick Boxing.
- Chess Kick Boxing Federation Cup , Inter College Competition.
- The first Chess Kick Boxing Amateur World Championships.
- Para Kick Boxing Championship for Girls.
- East Zone Kick Boxing Championship.