Admission Rules 2019
There has been a change in the B.A./B.Sc. Syllabus and in the structure of Admission and Examination rules in all colleges affiliated to University of Calcutta for the session 2018-19. The University of Calcutta has introduced Semester-wise Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) from the session 2018-19 in the B.A. / B.Sc course. For the B.Com courses Semester-wise CBCS had already been introduced from the session 2017-18.
Kindly read the guidelines given below with utmost care since it contains detailed information on essential conditions which will ensure the smooth completion of the formalities related to admission to B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com courses of Deshbandhu College for Girls under the Semester-wise Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- Refer to the Calcutta University Notification No.CSR/3/18 dt.)07.05.2018 and CSR 4/18,dt.07/05/2018 containing new Admission and Examination Regulations for Semester-wise three year (Six Semesters) B.A./B.Sc/ B.Mus (Honours and General) courses of studies under CBCS. (www.caluniv.ac.in/news/CBCS/CSR_BA_BSC_BMus_Hons_Genl_CBCS.pdf)dt.07.05.2018
- For easy understanding of the CBCS Syllabus, Examination procedures and other related information, the students are advised to consult `CBCS Curriculum Under-Graduate(UG) Studies & Post Graduate (PG) Studies ‘ University of Calcutta 2018, published by The registrar, University of Calcutta. (Available at the CU Counter, College Street.)
- The Syllabus of all subjects under the CBCS in B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com (Hons. and General) are available at the website of the University of Calcutta. www.caluniv.ac.in
- Outline of the subjects to be chosen by a student to be pursued in a course of 6 Semesters over 3 years at the time of admission. Following is the list of subject options in the 1st Semester over the first six months.
- As per the rules of the University of Calcutta, in the 1st Semester of the Choice Based Credit System a student pursuing B.A./B.Sc.( Honours) or B.A./BSc. General has the following courses:
- In case of B.A. /B.Sc Honours Programme, a student shall have to study 2 papers of Core Courses (CC) of the Honours subject she intends to study + 1 paper of any of the 2 Generic Elective ( GE) subjects she intends to study + 1 Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course 1 (AECC 1): Communicative English/ MIL.
- In case of B.Sc General Programme, a student shall have to study 3 papers as Core Course (CC) from 3 subjects she intends to study + 1 Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course 1 (AECC 1): Communicative English/ MIL.
- In case of B.A. General Programme, a student shall have to study 2 papers as Core Course (CC) from 2 subjects she intends to study + 1 Generic Elective (GE) Course from a subject other than the subjects she chose in the core course +1 Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC ) 1: Communicative English/ MIL.